Wednesday, June 4, 2008

CFDA Awards


I was a little (read: very) confused when I read that, of all the accessory designers out there, Tory Burch had won accessories designer of the year. I would have thought that someone with very innovative, creative, accessories would have won. Who knew putting a gold plate on a pair of ballet flats was this year's most exciting fashion creation? Personally, those Tory Burch flats that I feel like I see absolutely everywhere make me grimace a little. But maybe I'm biased. I'm not known for liking girly, preppy flats that I see at least one person wearing nearly every day. Blah. Disappointed.
On another note, Kate and Laura Mulleavy won the Swarovski Award for Emergint Talent for Womenswear. I love a lot of the designers that were nominated, so I probably would have been pretty happy even if someone else had won, but I am so happy that the Mulleavy sisters won. Their clothes are so amazingly intricate and beautiful and artistic. I was absolutely floored by the Spring show and loved the Fall show just as much. Hooray Rodarte!

image: source

No comments:

 
Site Meter