Wednesday, February 20, 2008

3.1 Phillip Lim FW08


I have some mixed opinions about Phillip Lim's fall collection. I do like the move towards a more refined approach to fashion, but this season's collection seemed a little...old. The silhouettes were pretty conservative, and most of the pieces were relatively tame. I really liked the 2007 fall collection, and this one just didn't seem as fun and immediately wearable as that one. I did really like Irina's little leater jacket with maxi dress. Transparency is a trend I'm really loving, and that dress seems more like the polished but not too stuffy prettiness I'm used to seeing from Phillip Lim. I haven't yet mustered the courage to wear a maxi dress like that. It's pretty hard to find flattering ones, especially since I'm pretty tiny. All in all I'm a little disappointed with this collection. There. A collection I'm not so excited about.

No comments:

 
Site Meter