Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rodarte FW08


I bow down to the Mulleavy sisters. I know, I know, don't I have anything bad to say about the fall collections? I suppose, but I'm not really into being all negative. I don't often feel like writing about things I dislike. Seems unpleasant. I already spend lots of time thinking about or talking about other unpleasant things. There's too much unpleasantness around anyway. In any case, I loved the new Rodarte collection. I like that it's like a natural evolution of the spring collection, which in a way is refreshing. A lot of time designers take new seasons as a chance to take their work in a new direction, but I loved Rodarte's spring collection, so I was glad to see them travel along the same path. The combination of tough and soft was gorgeous, with the spiked gloves and intensely awesome shoes alongside gathered tulle dresses and spider-webby knits. They referenced Japanese horror films in an unexpected and not-so-obvious way, which was great. The blood-red was deliciously gory. They are definitely incredibly talented.

No comments:

 
Site Meter