Thursday, February 21, 2008

Zac Posen FW08


I don't think I've ever told anyone this, but Zac Posen got me into fashion. A little random, I know. But before I had discovered Lanvin, Balenciaga, Prada, Chanel, etc. I stumbled randomly upon Zac Posen's fall 2004 collection. I must have been a freshman in high school. I think it was probably the first whole show I had ever seen, and suddenly I loved clothes. My style has changed a lot since then, so I'm not so obsessed with him anymore, but I have to give him a lot of credit for getting me into all of this. Unfortunately, this collection seems a little out of place to me. It seemed almost too...childish. I've never been a bib-front person, and there were lots of them on the runway, and they made me scrunch up my nose inside. There were some pretty pieces, and definitely some great tailoring. Like most (all?) Zac Posen's collections it was pretty flamboyant, which was kind of not in keeping with the movement towards more simplicity that's been floating around the collections. I'm hoping Zac will catch on a little.

No comments:

 
Site Meter