Friday, July 4, 2008

Vogue Italia July 2008


Anyone who hasn't been stuck under a very unfashionable rock probably knows about the infamous issue of Vogue Italia coming out today in Italy (whoo!) that features all black models. Just for you, K, since we were talking about this earlier, here is one of the shots from the mag. I obviously haven't seen all the pictures in the magazine, but this is definitely one of my favorites so far. It is so just so gorgeous. I know the "smoking is bad, why does fashion glamorize it" blah, blah, blah. I know, I know, smoking is bad for you, yes, yes, but if you look beyond all that, this is just a beautiful, striking image. The satin, the gloves, the jewelry, the way the smoke curls around her face, her expression all make this a great shot. It blends the classic and the modern in a beautiful way. I love her hat with the net veil. Such a great image, and from a newcomer, too (Sessilee Lopez)!
image:source

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AH that's gorgeous!! i just went on models.com and they've got an article about her...she's amazing!

 
Site Meter