Friday, July 4, 2008

Lace, Lace, and More Lace


I have to say I'm really liking the Christian Lacroix couture show. There was just a lot of...everything. A lot of historical references mashed in, a lot of decadence, a lot of colors, a lot of lace, a lot of details. Somehow it all works, and I just can't stop looking. Stylistically, it's not forward-thinking, but it's still beautiful. There's just so much to look at. They were the type of clothes that are really pretty from far away, and from inches away. With all the different references would have easy to make it look discombobulated and random, but Lacroix made it all work surprisingly well. But what I immediately liked was the headpieces and lace veils. All this lace this week is really making me crave lace. The question is, how crazy will I look wearing a lace veil?
image:source

No comments:

 
Site Meter