Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Givenchy Fall 08 Couture


I look forward to Ricardo Tisci's couture collection every season at Givenchy. His dark, gothic collection from a few seasons ago was perhaps the first couture collection I really fell hard for, especially when I saw the detail shots of the show itself. Breathtaking. So I'm always really excited for Givenchy's couture presentations, and although I don't love it quite as much as that mermaid collection, it maintains that dark, detailed quality I love about Tisci's work. My favorites for sure were the lace and fringe gowns, some with jackets over them, and the fur-hooded dresses. The colors were typical Givenchy dark colors with some shocking pink thrown in for good measure (just like at Chanel...hmm...), but this time around there was less black and more brown. Keep up the good work, Msr. Tisci.
image:source

No comments:

 
Site Meter